View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #42
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Disappointing week over here, found some wonderfully fucked stuff that is going to set me back a bit...

Got bad news about my SR head, previous owner had been running the car incredibly lean and now there are some wonderful cracks/pitting around the plugs. Blows me away that someone would spend the money to fully build a cylinder head then have someone tune it who doesn't know what they are doing... RIP ported/polished S13 SR head

Getting my rear suspension apart went really smooth until it came to getting my axles out of my hubs. The first came with a bit of hammering, no real issue getting it free. The second though, let me fucking tell you, was basically fused inside the wheel bearing. After smashing the tip of the axle, bashing the back of the spindle and applying quite a bit of heat it finally came free, well almost free. Had to bust the angle grinder out to get the axle out, at least it was already clicking so I didn't destroy a good part.

BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE! Was getting ready to knock out my subframe bushings when I noticed one of the LCA pickup points is completely fucked. Probably wouldn't really effect much, but I am not going to waste time replacing bushings in a subframe that isn't in good shape. It looks like the LCA has been replaced, so I can only assume the PO of the car had the LCA replaced and they left the subframe in this condition.

Soooo on a more positive note!

A local friend came to the rescue with a head for my motor. It really sucks to have to write the first off, but this one keeps me on track for the power/response I am searching for. This head was built by PortFlow in SoCal, its got Supertech dual springs/guides, +1mm Ferrea valves and a really nice port/polish. Perfect candidate to slap on the bottom end that is being built and make some nice power.

One thing I have been worried about since I bought my turbo manifold was the wastegate placement. Since I have a motor sitting in the car, I figured I'd see how it fits. Thankfully, it fits great! The wastegate fits right under the BMC and easily clears all of the brake lines. Super relieved it fits, but I am going to have to make up some kind of heat shield.

Got my rear coliovers sorted finally too, super happy I bought new/updated boots for them because the original ones were ripped into a million pieces. Not sure why, but the green and gold looks so damn good

And some random pictures I took while messing around today...