View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 09:05 PM   #3013
jacmob86

Trader Rating: (0)
jacmob86 is a jewel in the roughjacmob86 is a jewel in the roughjacmob86 is a jewel in the roughjacmob86 is a jewel in the roughjacmob86 is a jewel in the roughjacmob86 is a jewel in the roughjacmob86 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
The only things I’m basing my claims on are his piss poor communication, and a bad feeling in my gut. Neither of which prove he did anything wrong.

Didn’t wanna go full blast with no proof.

But in the interest of sharing, please take this chain of events with a grain of salt. I have no idea what actually happened on his end, just stating my side.

Jacmob (shockthemob) offers his services.
I am somewhat hesitant. Asking common questions.
He is very quick to respond, you can tell he wants my business.
Answering all questions about deposits, commission, shipping, etc.
I am content and tell him I am ready to bid.
He is excited to help. Asks for the link and my max bid.

I send the link. No response.
I assume he’s checking out the auction..
I send another message with my max bid.
Hour or so goes by..
I send another message asking how to proceed with the deposit for my max bid.
No response.
A few more hours go by and I am falling asleep.
I send one more desperation message, asking if he would be kind enough to place my bid without receiving the deposit. (How the hell could I give him a deposit with no responses?)

I hope for the best and go to bed.
Wake up 8 hours later to my auction ending.
No bid was placed.
He messages, “Sorry bro missed that one, maybe next time”

I was obviously frustrated because the auction ended for less than half of my max bid. (Inferring I would have won by a long shot)

He can tell I’m not happy but disagrees with me. Tells me “four other people were bidding so..” inferring I wouldn’t have won either way.

So again, no proof of actual wrong doing. But he may have liked what I sent and kept it for himself.
it was a sought after item that sold for a lot cheaper than normal. (High possibility for profit)
He assures me it won’t happen again and that I can trust him to handle it for me next time.
He might just be trying to milk another low-key auction from me. Who knows.
Hello everyone, I'm Jacob, I run a brokering service out of Japan known as Shock The Mob.

I didn't purchase the Nismo shift knob from the auction https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r226874466, nor do I have any interest in undermining anyone by bidding on things that people send me.

I did not accept a deposit from Almighty So, nor did I bid on the listing he sent me, due to the fact that I was without my phone for a few hours while it was getting repaired at the Apple Store in Shinsaibashi. After receiving my repaired phone, I checked his PM and immediately apologized. He had asked if I could bid on the auction for him, but considering the fact that I've never done business with him nor do I bid without a deposit, I did not bid to protect myself from getting burned and ultimately stuck with an item.

He ultimately accepted my apology and said "No worries dude it happens, appreciate it."

Contrary to his "Jesse or die" attitude and attempt to slander me, he still sent me another auction listing with a shipping inquiry, which he never responded to.
jacmob86 is offline   Reply With Quote