View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #39
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I disagree.

I get salty because somewhere down the line some fucking cunt started all of this and the trend caught on. Now we're in 2018 and shit is so fucking inflated it's no wonder people mount the "can't afford legit parts" argument when their car looks like a bag of smashed assholes.

I can see how you're playing Devil's Advocate and I really do see what you mean. I'm posing the question of what the fuck can we do as a community to try and make a dent. If you're not with the optimism (that something can be done) that's cool man. Just wanted to get people thinking about it.
As someone said earlier, this is no different than the sneaker game.

The resell price only goes down due to low demand, or when the market is oversaturated.

So to answer your question as to what can be done? Reallistically, nothing. Maybe try to convince a manufacturer that there is a market for a certain product and try to reproduce the item.

If you see people reselling a product which is widely available elsewhere? Simply call them out on it and provide facts. That’s all you can really do.