View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
PLEASE HELP diagnose trans problem.

lately (past month) my 91 s13 has had problems shifting gears, first starting off as it being hard every once in a while to shift into first, then turning into everytime i get into my car i have to use excessive force and pop it into first. I then replaced the trans fluid, which helped slightly, but nothing huge, but soon returned to normal a couple days afterwards. I then replaced the slave, which helped, but returned to how it was again, and now i just bled the clutch after putting in a new master cylinder. It was shifting SO perfect after i replaced it, and i was so happy, but now its slowly returning to how it was. Also now when i put it into reverse, it makes some weird ass sounds i couldnt even describe but theyre loud. I know the clutch is grabbing still because if i put it in first and hold the clutch in and rev it up to around 5k i can start rolling forward....

This is my daily and first 240 please help im not sure what to try next because i have a bad feeling my syncros are getting trashed and im not capable of rebuilding my entire trans. Its starting to be sloppy shifting into other gears too, not a smooth transition from 2 to 3rd or 3rd to 5th etc.

Thank you if you need a video of the sound for reverse to help diagnose what to do next ill get it uploaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links