View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #95
Deezal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Deezal is an unknown quantity at this point
Cheers, yes I am a little paranoid about how much more power I can get out of it but speaking to another tune shop last week confirmed my suspicions that the dyno my car is tuned on is rather optimistic. In reality it's more like 550WHP and quite peaky at that as you've just made mention to. It's not the VVL you're hearing switch that late, that's the wastegate opening. That's how lazy it is building boost. The transaxle has a 10" diff in it and had the back off it when I was having shifting issues and everything still looks like new in there.

After having the car away 10 days ago and getting smoked by 200HP honda's off hairpins I pulled the motor out and got the info from Kelford to get the cams on the right centerline's. Inlet was out by 6 degrees and 12 degrees on the exhaust as we'd worked off the high lobe centers on the spec sheet thinking that's what we were after. With the engine mounted the way it is you can't do it in the car.

Then got it out for a quick test on track Thursday last week, had unfortunately damaged the wastegate lines getting the motor in and out so it was free boosting. Definitely had far better spool than previously, booked to go back on the dyno next Saturday and see how much we've achieved. Tune is far enough out that I'm not keen on trying to road tune it at that boost level.
Deezal is offline   Reply With Quote