Thread: Brian's s14
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #20
bjreynolds202

Trader Rating: (0)
bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
s14 SPL Tension Rod Review

SPL sent me replacement bolts and upheld their amazing customer support. I found it odd that the bolts I had originally were 19mm, and the replacements were 18mm though. I went ahead and installed and torqued them down and took the car around the neighborhood for an initial impression.

Surprisingly, there was a huge difference, we all saw the condition of the originals though, so maybe not surprising. The steering wheel no longer vibrates aggressively, and is actually extremely smooth aside from idle. That's because of the engine mounts though I am sure. Steering feels much more predictable and braking doesn't jerk the wheel to the side anymore. Braking doesn't make the car dive so much either, although the brakes still need replacement. They are all subtle changes that make a big difference in the overall driving feel, and I'm sure the its also the unison of all the arms installed too.

I couldn't contain my grin while driving it and these arms have definitely sparked a hope and confidence that this car has a lot more potential. I'm excited to move onto the next step!