View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #1215
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
May as well introduce myself. I road race an S14 VQ swapped race car and run it in American Endurance Racing (AER) under the team name Core4 Motorsports. Here are some pictures from the Watkins Glen International 4/2017 and New Jersey Motorsports Park, Thunderbolt Circuit 5/2017:

Biggest changes from the Watkins event to New Jersey were upgrading to Wilwood Forged Superlite Radial Mount 6 piston calipers (FSL6R) up front from lug mount 4 piston Superlites (FSL4) and running Porterfield ST43 pads on front and rear.

Braking was noticeably better and confidence inspiring and there was zero pad taper after 18 hours of racing.

Pad taper you say? Yes, serious pad taper. Some of you that run Wilwood FSL4's with uniform piston sizing may know what I'm talking about. Here are the FSL4's with Hawk DTC-60 pads after ~12 hours of racing at Watkins Glen:

Here are ST43 pads in the FSL6R after 9 hours of racing at New Jersey:

Needless to say, there's a huge difference.

If anyone is running the Defsport (from Nissanroadracing.com) front 2 piece rotor setup right now and is interested in upgrading to the 6 piston radial mount forged superlites (FSL6R), PM me. I will be making these into a kit in the near future for people to upgrade from FSL4's and will be offering a full front kit. Here is how it looks:

gills is offline   Reply With Quote