View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #54
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
^thanks!

for anyone wondering about things on the k24 front - just slowly collecting parts. probably not going to be any real updates until this winter.

grabbed a bunch of stuff off a shell at my buddy's house for future improvements

i've had some pbm rear knuckles sitting on a shelf for over a year so i decided it was time to put them on. only issue was how short the lower mounts on my coilovers were. had been using r32 gtr fronts in the rear for as long as i've owned the car. cool for going dumb low, but if i had put the kuckle on with them, i'm pretty sure the car would be sitting on the subframe. old r32 left, new s13 right

just a little comparison of drop knuckle vs stock at the same height

had cut the subframe bushing washer for toe rod clearance. no problem anymore!

the knuckles pushed the wheel way further out. had a 5mm spacer on these 9.5 +22's before and the wheel was just about flush with the fender and had a few mm of clearance. now the tire is juuuust touching the fender with no spacer on. looks like about a 7-8mm difference from stock knuckles at the same height.

also got some acadia rotors and brackets. much larger than stock

also did arp extended studs, which required new lug nuts. will never buy anything other than steel. had my last set of sr48's since 2009

and for the front, the whole pbm package. picked up these old 330mm rotors and brackets just before they announced they were going to repman z32 calipers, so i patiently waited until they were out to install.

i was a little concerned about clearance in the 17's, but it looks like there was nothing to worry about. hopefully will have time to finish installing everything this week. here's pbm compared to q45 brakes

signed up for super d round 2 on the 28th. hopefully have everything done on time! still need an alignment and tune once everything else is said and done

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:15 PM..
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote