View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #457
bmfonda
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bmfonda is an unknown quantity at this point
my review/experience with this kit

first of all my entire experience with this company has been horrible. they only have a one week warranty (noone can install this and test it in a week). for the installation of the oil pan i had to cut the windage tray to make the pickup fit and drill half the holes on the pan to make them line up and even then the pickup was blocking one of the baffles shut so whats the point of having a baffled oil pan. when i noticed these problems 5 days after i bought it i called them and asked to exchange the product and they told me to keep trying to make it fit and call back in a few days. so i called back a few days later to exchange the product and they told me there is nothing they could do because i was past the one week warranty even though i called them to express the problem a few days before. after hassling them for a while they offered me $20 cash back..... i spent almost $1000 on this sway kit and they offer me $20 back and only if i come pick it up in person. after jerry rigging the pan to fit i called to ask the oil capacity of the pan and they said "about 6 or 7 quarts". WTF you dont even know the capacity of the pan you make???
also with their manifolds i had to go get a new O2 sensor bung welded in because the bung on the passanger side it pointed STRAIGHT at the trasmission (its like they fitted the motor and exhaust without the transmission) with less than an inch between the two. the passanger side manifold is literally touching the starter and you have to fight the starter to get the manifold bolts in. as stated by the guy above me you have to cut part of the motor mount base to fit the manifolds also.

i have had this kit installed for 2 years and 15k miles and i had one of the baffles break/bind up in the oil pan and i lost all oil pressure when i would make a left turn. luckily i noticed the pressure drop and parked the car until i bought a REAL oil pan from Canton Racing.
IMG_0687 - Copy.JPG
this is the motor mount after 15k miles, the urethane is falling out and flaking off. motor mounts should not fail after 2 years.
IMG_0681 - Copy.JPG
had to either drop the subframe or pull the motor to replace the pan with a real pan.
IMG_0693 - Copy.JPG

i have had nothing but trouble with this sway kit. as the other guy stated above, the pan has very tight clearance from the subframe to the sway bar and my sway bar would tap the oil pan slightly.

overall this kit is a piece of shit and i would have dont it differently if i had known this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0686 - Copy.JPG (29.3 KB, 13 views)
bmfonda is offline   Reply With Quote