View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #20825
carp07

Trader Rating: (0)
carp07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lower Steering column u joint to rack size and spline count

My fricken header didn't fit I beat the piss out of it with a hammer to dent it and let it slide trough didn't work so I took off my steering u joint. Planning on getting a double u joint, brace and weld a bracket to keep the shaft strait. My issue is i cannot find the spline count and/or size I need. I've researched even asked the guys at nissan and they can't get the specs just the oem u joint which won't work. Does anybody know the correct spline count and size of the u joint I need? 1989 240sx ka24e. I've counted about 30-31 splines but the shaft has flat spot so I counted half and doubled it and I'm pretty sure I got 18 to make it 36. Now I've used a slide caliper to try and measure the shaft and rack nub if you will and I got .679, .684, .691 basically my readings are all over the place. I've taken them numbers and tried finding a double u joint but nothing seems even close to it. Any help or insite on what I can do to properly measure or if you already know the answer that would be great. Thank you and sorry for this long mostly unimportant or relative post. Probably won't help anybody but me lol
carp07 is offline   Reply With Quote