Thread: 1uz vs. LS
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #14
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I prefer the $700-$900 LSx 5.3L engines, Turbocharge it the way it comes and you have 500~rwhp in a reliable daily driver, with a drivetrain that only costs $1500~

Use the 4l80e trans and a HD2 trans-go shift kit.

My biggest word of advice before buying an engine:
1. compression test every cylinder, look for 155 to 170psi across the board. I tested 8 engines before I found one with good compression.
2. check that you can loosen all of the exhaust manifold studs. If any are broken, you will likely need to pull the head off and have a machine shop remove them, they are tricky !@(*@#)(*@ers. Luckily the heads for those engines are cheap, You can get 2x rebuilt OEM heads (862 casting number is typical) from ebay for $300 shipped, and send them back your old nasty heads with broken studs as a core.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote