View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #91
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
UPDATE TIME!

97nismo- i still have them, they are clean, simple, stock wheels!

Malik- thanks!!

After taking apart the wheels and seperating the bolts into cups, i decided not to chrome plate the lips and bolts since it would be extremely expensive. i had a friend polish the lips and i bought a vibratory tumbler from harbor freight.

Reading online i found out using crushed walnut bedding was not harsh on the chrome and cleaned up the sealant and threads pretty good and got most of the brake dust off but only slightly polished them (even after hours of being in the tumbler) . Reading about aluminum foil being able to clean up "tarnished chrome" without scratching it, i threw some balled up foil in the pot. It kind of helped "polish" but i will need to hand polish 140 of the bolt heads by hand

i'll need to get the o-rings ti seal the valvestems before re-assembly and have to drill a hole in each of the new lips for the valve stems.

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

Since i ordered an SR Lip from Casale Designs in feb/march 2016 and left it hanging on the garage wall, i decided it was time to finish the look with AREO from DORKI DORI!!! It came at the beginning of December. Well packaged and VERY good quality even just test fitting, it fits very snug!

layed out for test fit.

Getting visual help from Casale designs on the brackets needed to be fabricated, i mocked up and made brackets for the lip,

Still have yet to use the snow blower under the black and white plaid jacket

temporary nuts and bolts before its riveted together

I had to make new fender braces, plus this helped lessen the gap between the lip and around the bumper.

I was too busy working to take pictures but everything fits so tight. Bought some 1/4-20 stainless button head screws to hold them on via riv-nuts in the fender/wheel arches.

Once i was done mocking up the aero i got lazy and didnt do anything for a long while. Then one day my girlfirend and i were picking up parts for her car at Advance Auto and decided to look through the paint cans and saw a silver that struck my eye....

It was the PERFECT MATCH <----- so i danced around like that guy.

Just a pretty bright silver!!

Sand Sand Sand.... 220 for the pitted areas and to strip the old stuff off... then --> 400 so smooth it all out.

White Sealer/Sandable Primer, 2 coats. i left them in my basement for a couple days and then brought them back out to finish them after.

Painted and enough coats of clear for a duplicolor gloss..

In the SUN!!

Left them locked in the basement, and.......

Went to the Farm Show in our grunge/hipster flannels.

Here is Benson, hes's 6, he likes racecars. he fits in the neighborhood better then me with that hat on, all the bitches love him.

After a couple weeks i brought my rear Areo spats inside and started wrapping it with the Gloss Metallic Grey vinyl. i got one done and had to wait till the girlfriend came home and helped with the other, then the next day we wrapped the rest of the areo plus the front and rear bumpers, we did the best we could using a heat gun, without getting wrinkles and using multiple pieces (although you have to look kinda hard to see the overlap unless theres a crazy shadow given off from it) By the way, she's made me the happiest i've EVER been in my life. been together over a year now, im forever ecstatic that she helps me

Izzy is 8, she loooooooves Pictures =/

I got the dogs really hyped up for a car ride.

And off they went! As you see Izzy is holding on and the other 2 are like kids that you swat at in the backseat from trying to get out of their seat.

Teaser of the wheels half-assed put together for a quick shoot.

The Next update will be after all the parts are installed on the car.

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links