View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
l8nightjay
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
l8nightjay is on the path to ruinl8nightjay is on the path to ruin
Question Low fuel pressure, running rich, and shitty idle. Please help a member out.

Ok guys and even ladies looking for some solid help here, I'm at a loss. So after new turbo install my idle is erratic and even driving it doesn't feel right. Just installed a nismo fpr type b and a inline fuel gauge to try to fix the problem. It seems worse. My aem wideband is all over the place, when my fuel pressure gauge say's I'm sitting at 43 psi, and my wideband say's I'm supper lean, hitting 17 then maxing out. But when my fuel pressure gauge say's I'm running 20 psi my wide band says I'm running 10.5 on my wideband, super rich. I Can't seem to dial it in a happy medium. I've checked for boost and vacuum leeks and haven't found any, I just put in a new fuel pump (second one), fpr seems to not to be leaking and if I unplug my vacuum line fuel pressure jumps up. I'm going to try a friends z32 maf tonight to see if mines faulty, but I'm running out of Idea's and I'm getting frustrated. I've tried two different method's to set my static pressure, which seems to work till I run it for about a minute or two. Please, any knowledgeable idea's would help. Here's some basic car stat's for reference.

redtop sr
gt3071r turbo w/ atmospheric blow off
z32 maf as a blow through setup
340lph fuel pump
300zx fuel filter
nismo type b fpr
side mount 740cc injectors
stock fuel rail
nistune ecu (rocking tune I got from them)

Any Idea's or help would be much appreciated. I've spent the last couple days trying to diagnose and nothing seems to work.
l8nightjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links