View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #150
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Would it not be faster to make all these calculations and changes within the EMS software itself, and never have to leave the one program or mess with Excel etc? Like the Infinity software for example as well as the other "more expensive" EMS. You can do everything in the tuning program, even live while the car is being driven
Depends how well you know computers. Being a computer tech/programmer I don't have any trouble dealing with excel while driving, the program is fairly simple to use. If you are unfamiliar with it, I can see why it might be scary to think of having to deal with. At the end of the day, there is little difference between the two situations i.e. both of the methods give you the result you want: a tuned map. The major difference is in the price tag, could cost us over a thousand dollars extra just to have it all included in 1 software bundle. If I can save thousand or 1500 by using excel to perform my calculation it seems worth it to me.

Quote:
TLDR I'm an Infinity fanboy and you love PowerFC lol. We can go back and forth forever, but I know we can agree that for more money you DO get a "better" ecu, however the older options CAN be tuned to a similar accuracy if you put in the time and effort.
I tune everything. I prefer Accel for its user options. I am only showing how we can save money by using a pfc to do the same exact sort of things.

Also, I feel that you have "time spent" in reverse, the more time and effort is spent tuning the more complex ECU. PFC tuning is fast and simple because it has fewer options. Accel has so many options it can take a long time to fine tune each one, especially injector phasing, idle config, spark optimization, cold start, and so forth, of which the PFC has barely any of that. PFC I slap it on and done in a couple hours. Accel style ECU is days of work, perhaps 8 to 12 hours spread out over 3 days on new configurations.