View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #134
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaddy View Post
Try pricing a mistake ECU

It's a simple ECU with some nice features and better resolution.

It is more developed than a pfc
Lol, autocorrect must have gotten you. Unless it actually is a 'mistake' ECU... Probably not gonna touch that one if the developers named it that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_240 View Post
You are not wrong, and I agree that there is a learning curve, but that is with anything you go with.

With your list of mods, I would highly suggest going IAT & MAP and ditch your MAF setup. I also converted my water temp sender to a GM unit. There is a preset for your wideband in the config. Also, with your GM coils, you can easily have the dwell adjusted for optimal.

While you can do this on other units, I can do these corrections from my phone over BT. It cost me $13.00 for the Bluetooth module, 30mins to solder a few connections, and DIY the shit, and the MSDROID App is free.

You can datalog to your phone, tablet, etc...and you get free firmware upgrades as well. While the wiring may look tedious at first, everything is well documented.

I understand where you are coming from, but don't be scared away. The VEAnalyze is a great feature, look into it. I use the flat shift and launch control features and they work precisely.
I'm actually not the OP, though it seems I may have threadjacked, which I apologize for as that was not my intention. I was in the same boat as nateMR2 about 6 months ago, and I have approximately the same power goals, though I chose the R34 Rb25det Neo. I'm looking to make approximately 450rwhp initially with a conservative tune, with the engine and support mods able to handle around 650rwhp at the most. I most likely will not be pushing it for quite awhile since 450 in a street 240 will probably be plenty.

Traction will be handled by 255/35R18 fronts and 275/35R18 rears in BFG Sport Comp 2 flavor.

Suspension is FEAL 441 with 8k/5k Swift spring rates, valved by Odi for road racing.

Adjustable arms are ISR Pro Series all around (every arm available).

New Moog ball joints front and rear.

New OEM 5 lug hubs all corners

Subframe bushings are Energy Suspension Poly. Diff bushings are ISR solid.

Brakes are Z32 (30mm aluminum fronts) all around, 17/16" master cylinder, with cross drilled and slotted rotors.

Headlights are clear covers with HID projector retrofit.

Everything above is already complete. I'll get the engine swap done over the winter, then move on to interior and exterior.

If you go back and look at my list, I am going MAP and IAT with the Link G4+ ECU. I was posting my set-up to give nateMR2 an idea of the list of items maybe not required, but recommended, for supporting the HP he wants. He could accomplish the HP goal with less, but he also mentioned reliability which is one of my goals as well, and why I have an extensive list of support mods.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote