View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 12:12 PM   #130
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
People might call a truck engine an LS, but in reality it's an Lxx. That's all I'm saying, not disputing their capabilities.
Yeah, I dont get hung up on names. LMthis and LTthat, its all the same to me. What is important is that you know which one you are looking at, you know what you want. You know what they are capable of and you know what parts to install to get to that cookie cutter result with no surprises, up and running fast and driving the car you enjoy. Tuning is relative, all engines operate with similar principles and are tuned using similar methods, ECU all operate in virtually the same manner, a digital processor flips digital outputs on and off to time fuel and spark. The question is: whether you, as the owner, have the ability or not, to adjust these output parameters to your engine's liking over as wide range as possible that determines the overall result. A result which, if you have been paying attention, can be pre-determined before spending a single penny (the cookie cutter philosophy)