View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 12:48 AM   #123
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
I suppose one main difference is I never plan on selling my Zenki. I have a lot of personal time invested into it at this point, and unless I fall on hard times it will be one of the last things I consider selling. I'm not looking at it as an investment, I know I'll never get out of it what I have in it. There is the possibility that the value increases in the future, but I don't really care. It's as much about the journey as it is about the destination to me. Every part I have selected has had thought and consideration to achieve a specific goal. The car will probably never be truly complete, in the sense that there will always be something I may want to revise or upgrade based on new tech or personal preference at the time. But that is the difference between building a car to make a sale versus building it for the enjoyment of building and driving your own handiwork. You look at it as a game, I look at it as decently expensive hobby. Two sides of the 240 coin.

Also, that $1200 dollar engine in 2008 is now a $2400 or more engine now. And maybe it's just me, but I would never drive an automatic, especially when it is surrounded by a sports car. It cheapens the experience. That's how I feel about it anyhow.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote