View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 09:42 AM   #119
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via MSN to SR2oD3T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Nvrmind, I see you have an Optima. They can be discharged without damage. If you have 12.6 volts, it'll have sufficient cranking power.

I'm not seeing an engine block ground cable though. You need a dedicated ground cable even if you're using solid metal engine mounts.

Why do you have 2 cables attached to the starter power terminal? Is one supplying battery power to the starter and the other being used to feed battery power to the car?

thanks for the help..

here's how i installed the wiring specialties ground wire kit.

two to the top of the factory steam pipe nuts, one to the coil pack bracket, one to the intake manifold bolt, the tail goes to the firewall.
theres also one ground wire comes from the engine harness that i bolted onto the back of the head.

for the starter, the blue and green come from the engine harness. the red that bolts underneath the blue is battery power from distributor block.

heres the distributor block. red power comes through the firewall, then one red goes through the fender for fusebox, the black at the bottom goes to the starter.

i kinda feel like it doesnt have enough ground with the ground wire kit. i might try some direct ground from the engine head to frame rail. not sure if i m wiring the starter correctly which i m gonna do more research on the starter diagram. for the battery, its brand new. i just hooked it up right before i start it. i'll also check the voltage on it after i get a better volt meter.

thanks for the help.

Last edited by SR2oD3T; 03-14-2018 at 02:29 PM..
SR2oD3T is offline   Reply With Quote