View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #60
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well completely forgot about this, and it doesn't help that there is no progress on the car.

Well, I decided to buy a stock sr20 since I had so many parts for it( mainly arc and whatnot). My friend was working for shop so I asked him to keep a look out for a clean one. After a while he messaged me about this one. Completely stock and everything looked great( no scars/marking on the cams so I figured oil was not an issue so I pulled the trigger on buying it.

Decide to leave the longblock completely stock in case it blows up I can simply transfer everything over. I want to keep it simple this time around and just make it responsive and reliable(ish). only time will tell how successful that is.

Decided to go with a PBM HMIC. Decided to place it as forward as possible to try to avoid heat soak from the radiator.

Started working on the engine harness.

Started buying more parts as some sold. Blitz Twin Disk and r33s. Keeping this shiny!!!!!!

Finally started to look like a car... only to be taken apart. Pushed it out to get pictures lol

Bought parts during black Friday. Nothing exciting just gaskets, lines and other stuff.

At this point, I removed the engine to tear it apart and replace oil strainer, gaskets, install mazworx tensioner and moroso oil pan. It's crasy was a simple brush and some time can do to clean things up.

Before:

After:

and the block.

and my favorite parts just collecting dust.

Progress will be slow going forward as I just got a new job( a month ago) so not much time to work on this anymore. Will try to make slow but steady progress.