View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
If you have any questions PM me.

However, if you are dead set on having an LS and NOT spending an ASS LOAD OF MONEY, then go for the L33 (aluminum 5.3 truck engine), LM7 (iron block 5.3) or the LQ9 (iron block 6.0), by far these are the best bang for the buck engines.

I put an LM7 in my 1997 240sx, got the engine for $700 with stock wiring, accessories, etc. On the dyno it made 270whp/330wtq before tune (which is typical, these are rated at 280ish hp at the crank stock), after tune it made 306whp and 352wtq.

This set up alone is enough to roast the tires all day and even chirp the tires between 4th and 5th gear with a T56.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote