View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 06:30 AM   #6
jdm>usdm

Trader Rating: (1)
jdm>usdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAStirrett View Post
Thanks for responding. I realized over the weekend that when I pulled out the relay I was removing the ground and is why the light was going out, thanks for clarifying that. And yes, I tried swapping the relay with 3-4 other known good ones.

The 5A fuse I'm talking about is the one I circled. I don't know which 15A fuses you are talking about for each light, will you please clarify? I'm going to recheck the headlamp switch to make sure I cleaned it right, but I'm pretty sure I did it right.

Also, you can see in the wiring diagram below, the only fuse the FSM refers to coming from the fuse block is the 5A light control fuse and the 15A tail lamp fuse.

Thanks for your input. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Ah, I see you're talking about the fuse for the headlight timer. If you look at the FSM schematic you posted, you can find the "Fuse and Fusible Link (In RELAY BOX)" centered and at the bottom. There are two white wires running directly from the battery and thru 15A fuses. For the left headlight low beam, follow the red wire from the fuse to pin 8 of plug E109 and find that powers pin 10 when the lighting switch is in the 2nd B position. This is the G/Y wire running to the headlight for low beam power.

Anyway, I see your lighting switch looks pretty toasted. Glad you found the culprit!
jdm>usdm is offline   Reply With Quote