View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #8
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post

I am a firm believer in the idea of having a higher emphasis on school, especially with the auditorium classroom idea.
I don't learn jack shit when I'm in a class with like 15 other people and the teacher tells us to memorize certain things or spoon feeds us. I have only learned things in great detail when the teacher makes an effort to properly teach and not just mention material in class to say that "this material was covered in class"

I think there is some program/competition where they are trying to redesign high school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Even the lower public schools. Why the big push for more teachers? Kids are getting worse and dumber. You talk about education overseas, maybe we should be like China? 8th grade is an auditorium with 100 kids and a teacher lecturing them. Bet they'd learn more than having 1 teacher to 14 kids playing best friend / surrogate parent.

100 ppl class room vs 14 ppl class room and success. Is that a correlation or a causation?

You can put Chinese students in a 500 person auditorium or a 5 person class room, it dosn't make much of a difference. The difference is the motivation and drive. Chinese students (and other foreign countries for that matter) are in cut-throat competition. In China, the students are placed into grade schools based on performance. The students want to succeed.

We can change the class room size all we want, and we may see some marginal differences, but at the end of the day, if the student dosn't care, the performance reflects it. It comes down to what the parents are exposing to the kids.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote