View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Hmm. Its been along time since I wired one of these. Good job trying to do it yourself...

I think that part of your issue is simply that you are trying to hard, and going too far. Most of the wiring is done right at the F3 plug, we dont fool with the igniter wires or CAS wires, heck i've never even checked one. The ECU itself is supposed to plug into a harness that directs these wires to where they go: You do not fool with any of them.

YOUR job is just to connect the chassis F3 plug to the engine harness so your car can
A: power the ECU (and in turn the ECU triggers back into the F3 plug for the fuel pump)
B: ground the ECU
C: communicate (gauges) with the ECU
And there are a few other misc. wires involved with
D: A/C
E: Wipers (which are in essence, their own separate harness, they just happen to get packaged in with the engine harness at some length)

You have lots of options, fear not. If you think your engine harnes is f'd you could always source a next one (they should be $50-$100 since nobody ever uses them anymore. I know somewhere theres a whole warehouse full of em) and you could even grab a zenki harness and use the WC ecu instead of the NA ecu that is used for the kouki harness.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote