Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #489
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
s14unimog, you are missing my point.

- The turbo he has is a terrible mismatch of wheel sizes between the turbine and compressor and reduces turbo efficiency in the spool regions (physics)

- The 0.84 Open Scroll T3 housing allows to run more boost up top at the inherent sacrifice of spoolup (physics)

- The engagement point from low to "high" cams (which on the VVL the intake and exhaust cams switch point can be adjusted independently) is VERY important to spool regions (physics)

My point is, I do not think a simple EBC (which the ECU is much faster at opening the solenoid compared to any aftermarket stand alone closed loop EBC), which mind you, is going backwards in terms of EBC, is going to fix the inherent "issues" (and I use the term lightly as this is referring to spoolup and not an setup issue) the setup has with spooling so late in the RPM range.

Again, my point is PHYSICS
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote