Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #487
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
^^ His ECU controls boost. And no EBC is going to overcome physics.
Although I agree with your statement, I will tell you that in regards to fast turbo response, an EBC is an absolute requirement. A mechanical spring inside an actuator will begin to lift and bleed boost as it gets close to it's spring rate where as an electronic solenoid interruption can do an instantaneous dump and hold the wastegate in a completely closed state until. Not to mention a solenoid controlled by electronic pressure sensing is WAY faster/accurate at controlling overboosting, so you can approach the set pressure without overshooting and dumping turbine pressure to correct.

I've played with various types of mechanical boost regulation over the years and I can tell you that what I say is fact. Trust me when I say, this is not an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Thanks s14unimog! It was a long time coming and the car is extremely fun to drive. As Ralliart said, EBC is controlled via ECU.

Some things need to change, but we are going to approach it one thing at a time. No sense in just throwing things at it and not knowing exactly what the best solution was. I'm hoping in another month or so to come back here with a different dyno graph with increased response. I'm not really looking to make more peak power on pump gas, but 500rpms decrease in spool time would be nice, however it might be a far cry.

I may throw a race fuel tune at it too. I'd be interested to see what this setup can do with a better knock resistant fuel in it.
Awesome! I know it's a large turbo, and where it's hitting is actually really good. I was just double checking. Yeah, I'm sure you could hit some big numbers on that setup!

Love your work!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote