View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #1507
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Yes, I meant that I always pay Jesse when he sends me the invoice. He specifically asks not to pay until he sends an invoice, which is typically after the item arrives to him from the seller in my experience. Sorry for the confusion.

I never really feel bad flipping parts for a profit. I have bought things I really wanted from people before knowing they were making a substantial profit, but I didn't care because it was a part I really wanted. I've bought a couple parts locally since rebuilding my car and sold them for 300-500% more than I paid because they seller didn't know what they were or what they were worth on Zilvia. I mean, I feel a little bad, but at the end of the day it's their fault for not doing their research I guess.
Dont feel bad at all brochacho. You said it nicely. If you want the item, you will pay for it, knowing they are getting a profit off of you. This JUST happened to me. Got that brand new gauge on the super cheap. Then I find a used 60mm nismo water temp gauge to go with it. Guy was in Canada....paid 100 dollars MORE far a used one, but in very good condition. He knew exactly what he had and knew what kind of money the right buyer would give for it. He said he has been sitting on it for years, hasn't seen a brand new in box nismo for a good 15 years and said it was a very sweet score.

That is the difference between people like us and lets say "the common guy" in the car game. They are just doing it to do it. Where we are more or less a real enthusiast of the car as a whole. Not saying there is anything wrong with either way. But that is also why the car part world is full of low baller and high baller parts. Two different demographics to please. Usually the persons build will reflect that. Just the way I see it.

What are you driving now -a-days?