View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
build continued.

at this point in time, my naval bumper was on hold (thanks US CUSTOMS) so i was not able to get it painted along with the rest of the parts.

this is it all put together!

back at my house...

installed the tail lights. thanks for the pic drama!

after waiting for about 2 weeks my bumper arrived.

intalled circuit sport clear covers.

once all was said and done, the unthinkable happened.....

we were at the secret tweaker spot waiting for some rain..

once it started raining, we started driving around, water whippin and what not. me being new to drifting, i was always tense starting up and slowly working myself down to being more relaxed. once i started feeling comfy i took my eyes off the car in front of me for a split second BAMMMMMMARGERA.

my buddy slav spun out in front of me in his s2000. i ended up hitting him on his rear passenger quarter panel/wheel. his rpf1 took most of the impact. i remember looking at his car when i was still in the drivers seat thinking to myself "wow nothing happened to his car! hopefully mine looks the same". YEAH.......... not at all. my car absorbed all of the impact.

this was the damage sustained to slavs car

i was so heart broken. i had just painted the damn thing and now this... luckily i was able to source a new hood, headlights and radiator support the next day.

i pulled off the old rad support and welded on the new one after it sitting in my garage for about a week.

thats the new one there before i sprayed it black.

once all the spot-welds were all welded up, i put the fenders, hood and headlights back on.

this is how the front end has looked ever since. I'm currently saving up for paint and am torn between BLACK and RED.

any who, here are some more pics of it with the ugly front.

here are some pics of my first "official" drift event. the ka gave started going to shit right after this.

so ka took a shit. it turned out to be a short in the lower engine harness that would drain my battery. i found some dude up in lubbock texas that was selling his s14 sr20det and was willing to knock the price down if i took him my ka. he was aware of my issue with the harness so he knocked off a couple hundred bucks, so i pulled the ka and headed north!

so long gayboyyyy...

co-pilot died on me en route.

trip took 4 hrs. we met up with the dude and traded engines

strapped it up, slapped the camper back on, and back down to shit hole el paso tejas.

swap included:
-engine
-trans
-ecu
-stock t28
-isis turbo lines
-wiring specialties harness
-toda light weight flywheel
-z32 maf

i ordered:
-psm high mount intercooler
-psm turbo piping
-psm cobra flex pipe
-koyo n flow
-koyo radiator cap
-exedy 3 puck clutch
-tomei poncoms
-moroso high capacity oil pan
-hks air filter
-nismo mounts
-1000cc five-o injectors
-rs enthalpy tune
-hks turbo actuator
-a whole bunch of gaskets and seals.
-camryonbronzes tomei exhaust manifold of his black s13

mounted up the high mount

the cobra pipe has got to be my favorite piece of fabbed metal.

i had the toda resurfaced at a local machine shop.

put in the cams

once the revamp was done with all the new parts, we dropped it in. great way to spend your birthday!

so right off the bat we had a ton of issues that lead to more issues. first off my oil pump was no bueno. i had to toe it from my uncles place and parkit back in my garage.

i pulled the engine out at my house

i attempted to swap it out on my own but made a huge booboo.

fed up with all the bullshit, i took it to true street industries where johnny ringo and tintin took over the task.

at this point i purchased arp head studs, apex head gasket, and had the head machined.

after all was said and done, i brought it back home to stick on the upper and lower oil pan back on and cover up the little window with a "custom" diet coke piece.

i dropped the engine back in only to have MORE problems come to light.