Thread: 180sx Eh.
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #74
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
So this summer has been more focus on work and stuff than my car. I still put some effort into it, but it wasn't until the past couple months did I really hit it hard.

Long story short, finished off the parts buying, put the motor back together and into the car, finished off my wiring, had my manifold and stuff made, went to the dyno and made a whopping 200hp (197 to be exact).

The power was just dropping off the charts as soon as it got close, no matter how much boost was added. We started to mess around and try to solve it quickly - added timing, took out timing, nothing changed. At first I thought it may be the CAS or cam timing, so I took it back to my shop and assed everything. Made sure all was where it needed to be and went back to the dyno.

Nothing changed and was running into the same problems. I did a compression test and had 200psi on all cylinders except #2. I knew i hadn't fried a ring or piston so I did a leakdown test. My intake valves weren't seating on that cylinder so I knew where my issue had lay.

Got back to my shop and over the week took apart the head and tried re-lapping the valves. Unfortunately that didn't work and sadly the head needed to come off again. I sent it out to a local engine builder on Monday and he knows what's up. He should be done next week at some point hopefully with good news.

And now, a huge pic dump lol