View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #3558
cbh148
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
cbh148 is an unknown quantity at this point
So to follow up, Martin and George from RS-Enthalpy got to play with my car on the dyno last night. They were running into some issues right off the bat which they believed to be fueling.

I have an inline Moroso fuel pressure gauge for my stock FPR. They said it was dropping some pressure up in the rev range, which Martin figured it could be due to the stock fuel pump wiring and/or my e-fan thermostatic switch being wired from the fuel pump fuse (I have a new OEM fan shroud and GKtech fan that I was waiting to put on until afterwards because I wasn't sure if it would be as easy to see the crank pulley with the timing light).

Martin clipped his jumper wires straight from my battery to the power wires that goes to the fuel pump (he made little openings in the insulation) then made another pull, but said it was still acting up.

He said it might be some rust in my tank, and maybe a bad fuel filter, so I immediately threw my brand new filter on. They said fuel pressure got about 2 pounds better, but the old fuel filter looked like it had some black specs coming out of it when they'd shake it. We looked in my fuel tank to see that it was really clean, but they said my Walbro was really old and brown (I got it in 2010, used).

They were confident that if I put a new fuel pump and sock in my tank that everything would be perfect so that it could go to 18 psi. With the issues it was having, they only went to almost 11 pounds, where it made 286 whp on the DynoJet (which they said was the good dyno that doesn't make the power seem higher than it really is). According to them, those were really good numbers for that low pressure, so my setup was pretty spot-on.

Martin was also very confident that at 18 pounds it would make 360-380 whp. He's coming back in about 3 months for another dyno day and said he wouldn't charge me since I got the word out for yesterdays event and got him a fully booked up day. That, and the fact that my dyno time didn't get to be used as well.