View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #12
kimmie

Trader Rating: (0)
kimmie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Kimmie, I will tell you absolute certainty that your #1 BEST OPTION as a beginner is to embrace the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) concept. If you want it to be special, I'd recommend an SR20DET swap. Prices may be shitty locally there- recommend you correspond with Rob at Zerolift and any number of other places... I didn't read the rest of the posts, but a DOHC KA might be prudent- at least for getting thru smog. I was born & raised in Cali and among other things, the STUPID FUCKING LAWS regarding 20+ yr old cars is one of the things that keeps me from moving back home.

Anyway,

Turn-key SR swap with Wiring Specialties upper/lower harnesses will be more fun than you could shake a stick at... and the best bang for the buck. However, before even doing any motor work, check the link I sent you- great ideas for prepping the shell and building it to last... and tedious but not incredibly expensive. GL!

Mike
There's a lot of laws that get me thinking about moving away from this place :| lol! But I haven't left yet. I checked out that link earlier, thank you so much. I'll be doing a lot of prep work on her in the next few months as I go out to the desert for various drift events and just to visit. I'm sure we'll be talking about more ideas soon
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote