View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #13
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
^^^ Pretty much what he said. I would seriously think about what your plans are for the car and then go from there. If you plan to make a full blown track car, then smog doesn't matter and you can pretty much do whatever your wallet can support.

-KA DOHC version to get car up and running/CALI smog friendly/CHEAP
-RB takes a lot of $ to make reliable/fast/fun
-CA parts hard to find/old/waste of time when you can spend a little more and get a SR
-SR its enough fun with simple mods/smog is an issue like RB/CA unless you have hook up

There are plenty of other options you can think about as far as power plant goes. You can drop in a V8 like many have done and not worry about doing all the turbo upgrades to make that power goal you desire.

If I had a chance to do it all over again knowing what I know now, I would definitely go V8 route. Reason is having a sr20 that is modded is fun and all but like mentioned above cops/laws/smog/being in California sucks when you are constantly stressed out/worried if you will get your hood popped and have it state reffed or impounded. Factor the amount of money to reach the 400+ whp goal is the same if not more than just going with the bigger v8 that you can get Bard and be legal.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote