View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
Road2Perfection
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Road2Perfection is an unknown quantity at this point
Intake temps with a honda CBR450 radiator setup, this is VERY small, however, did not exceed 50C, on stock intake with the hot water running in it, the temps out of the IC is actually just 44C.
will take a little test with one more radiator core and add them along for sizing purposes of the real radiator core.
However, the weight is not more than a fmic, complexity yes, and no-one here got any knowledge about how big stuff have to be.

I run 1.1 bars on a 3071R now on a stock head and intake, however to 450whp on that turbo I gotta have a bit more cooling, so hence my fiddling around with radiators, I hope to see less than 10C above ambient now out of the IC unit with minimal sizing up on the radiator core setup.

Once I know how big I need to make the radiator I'll take a AC condenser, cut it to size, weld it shut again and mount it for my sr20vet setup
I can bring them logs from my ecu.
You will notice that once the water is hot in the engine, the intake temps won't go below 34C-37C, same as the fmic, something funny bout them intakes that heat the air a-lot.

shut em and get a thermal plate between the intake and head seems to be more resonable than actually going for larger ic's on the sr20 off the bat, as I cannot reach lower cruise intake temp with either fmic over stock ic, and waic, they only improve boost temps a-lot.

On another side, I got no surge compressor house on the turbo, yet I receive very very little turbo flutters at lift off after full boost, seems bov is not needed with waic ;D