View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
Born and raised in Seattle, moved to Los Angeles, then moved back. Traveled the world.

Seattle:
- Yes, it is beautiful. Lots of parks, trees, clean air. At any given time you can be half an hour away from the beach and half an hour away from a ski area or 2, that in the summer is a downhill mountain bike setup.
- There are a bazillion tech companies here. The companies that aren't tech companies still rely heavily on tech anyway
- Vibrant NW drift, stance and Nissan scene. Yeah, it is filled with a gaggle of 20 year old hoodie wearing, college attending, poor kids, and if that's you, you will fit right in
- Phoenix is flat, hot and gross. Been there and don't want to go back
- It doesn't always rain here. We have had a week plus of 70 degree, clear and sunny weather. It does rain here but probably not as much as people make it sound. In the summer it can get up to 95-105 degrees, which is less fun because air conditioning is not common here.
- When it rains you can wear a jacket. And, if you like drifting, the rain makes your tires last a lot longer and drifting in the wet is easier
- There is an obvious concentration of Zilvians in the southern California area. Not as many Zilvians in the Washington state area but there are some here. The other board specific to the territory is called www.northwestnissans.com.
- Drifting events are at least one if not two weekends a month. Car shows become pretty common in the summer, though I personally tend to avoid them after having a show vehicle stolen
- But back to the weather and environment, Seattle is really a pretty place to live
- There is a very huge music scene here with many live music events, constantly going, every night of the year
- There are many, many restaurants. It is a great place for food and music
- Houses are expensive, especially in the downtown metro area.
- Salaries are good, but maybe not too high at entry level
- Washington's unemployment rate is one of the best in the country at 6%.
Thanks Seraphim38, How is the winter's in Seattle? I did some research and seems it's actually better than Ohio. Midwestern winters can be brutal, 30-40 mph winds with 5 below to -10 degrees normal not even at night, but during the daytime...not even counting wind chill and when it snows...any RWD is unusable. Shoot, FWD is almost unusable. It's absolutely horrible in the winter here in the midwest, feels like the Tundra. Not to mention its HIGHLY UNPREDICTABLE. Black ice on the roads can get up to 1-1 3/4 inches thick. After this last winter that just past (and I'm pretty sure any resident from Chicago, Detroit...anywhere in the Midwest can agree) I'm done lol. It was wicked, my VW 1.8T took a hit, from the extremes of the weather, hence the reason why I sold it, and bought my 240sx.

I'll deal with the winters if they are not as bad in Seattle, cause the lifestyle and liveliness of Seattle is awesome...but if it's equivalent to Ohio, idk if it's worth it.