View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #6391
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, long time no see !

I thought it was time for a little visit. And as it happen, i was the first keisler kit user in France, so i can give a bit of feedback.

I use it on an S13, for grip driving. The car has been drifted too by someone i trust, too, but my main goal is to make a fast, easy, fun, and not uber expensive car, which i might have succeeded. I am not running monster tyres either, juste 235/40/17s on all corners.

The keisler kit has been on my car for at least 6 months now. What can i say ? it does the job. And it has a little bonus : there are 3 mounting points for the steering rod end, on the knucke, for faster response. And although the fastest is supposed to be used by drifters, i found it very interesting for racing ... as i do not ever need to let go of the wheel to turn. Ever dreamed of a karting steering wheel feeling ? Now i have it on an S13
I only need half a wheel turn to clear a hairpin. And the car still feel planted at high speed (like 130mph+ )

So far, not much to say against it. The ARB link is a bit high and that worried me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch629 View Post
Appears to be fairly light as well.

That was actually my kit, not julian's
In my search for an easy car, i went the "light is right" way, too, and that is a place where the keisler kit shines. My current full front suspension, including wheels, tyres and brakes weight slighly less than the stock 257mm brake, 195mm tyres of the mk1 S13. While it runs 235/40/17 and def wilwood 300x32 2 piece brake kit. I am also running FA500 coilovers, and these are WAY lighter than the stock strut. And quite nice considering their price range too. I never thought a 12kg/10kg coilover system would be more comfortable than the previous megan racing coilovers with 5/4 springs i had. the car is also so much easier to feel and control when approaching its limits. I love it. I guess my next coilover upgrade, if it ever happens, will be for 3way dampers...

anyway i reallly love the "no inertia" feeling coming from the light wheels, tyres and brakes, and from the suspension parts. I don't know how to describe it. Before that i had heavy tyres and wheels, i also had 20lbs brake discs on each side, so i could feel the change every time i lightened these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacKisBacK_Fr View Post
Those pics come from DG Motorsports in France, they use to work on my car and made my Z33 gearbox adapter plate for my SR20, they sell those keisler here. They made this comparison between the wisefab and the keisler for a customer that changed the wisefab to go with the keisler. [...]
I don't know if he did get the keisler, but he liked how it worked on my car. I also know the wisefab was bent and some welds were broken. The owner is a pro driver in the french drift championship. I'd say if he installed a keisler, we will know for sure if it can take the beating or not.

How is that rear knuckle from wisefab doing ? Is it worth getting when i already got a nicen low toe change from figuring out the right length of the traction rod for my setup ? if so i might give it a try later.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links