View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #444
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: annddd.....the.... delivery truck... is here.......now?.....no....ok...now?...no....ok...N OW!!!

Package from Turblown came in!.... funny when you keep hitting refresh haha.

lay it out.....plan out the attack

these turbosmart comp gates are much nicer than my previous gates....clearly a better design..and it's easy to see how they'll seal better. Easy install as well!

It's important to install everything where you think you want it...then re-adjust.. and again when the turbo is actually installed. Don't want to re-do things more than a couple times...but plan on making adjustments and don't tq everything down right away...this'll save time.

Put the engine to mani gaskets on and secured everything. Now that I did this...if I were to do it again... I would've installed the turbo ON the manifold before installing the manifold to the engine. It was only a bit of a hassle to get to the Inconel nut at about 4 o clock in this pic.

Oil line was a cinch.. used some of my existing baker fire sleeve on the upper most portion of it as it was left over form my old oil drain.

careful...whenever you think "that won't happen to me" ....and don't listen to your instinct... the bad will happen. Listen to your instinct... prevent the inevitable haha.

After EGT's and all goodies were installed...it was time to install the turbo. Inconel divided turbosource gasket =-)

getting it just right..

End of the night. Taking my time to dot the i's and cross my t's...

sorry for the rushed update. or lack of description but checked off the following from my list today:

Installed turbo manifold, turbo, and wastegates
Water feed line installed
Water drain line installed but I ordered a better fitting for it
Oil drain line installed
All fittings for vac set up have been ordered
also going with this set up on routing..but i'll have to mod it a bit to incorporate the EFR's vac layout

More updates soon!

Stay Tuned!!