View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #440
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update! "Double check the check list and buttoning up the little things."

I think with larger "in depth" builds... it's easy to get lost in the to do list. What I mean by that is all the little things that go into a process. I think I've touched on this a few times here and there but I really feel like it is something that is often times overlooked....and it shouldn't be. When installing a sensor. You could simply get any old electrical crimping fitting crimp together two wires and it would work. ....OR you could pick out specifically gauged wire, ...make sure you have 3 separate colors for ground, power and signal.....measure it all out and plan it's routing, cut to length, use OEM style pins, use a good crimping tool to get a good solid secure connection, use heat shrink, and protect your wiring with braided covering. And that's what I mean by all the little things. In between these "little things" there is also clean up... which goes a long way in a garage with a ton of tools. Nothing is more frustrating than working on something and not being able to find a tool. I almost always hate helping friends work on their cars because I can never find a damn socket or extension etc. Messes up the flow haha. The smallest things such as throwing away all your clippings from the end of wires, or making sure to put extra bolts and hardware back into the bucket of bolts etc. Everyonce in a while its good to stand back and look at the car.... your reflection and admire it. If you don't admire it...maybe it's time to step it up?! I sometimes take a quick break to make some coffee and eat an apple or bowl of cereal. It's good to help clear the mind and freshen things up.

Saturday night was one of those nights. I worked from 7:00 pm till 4:30AM. But I am glad to report that I finished the following:

-Painted and mounted my Roof spoiler... yea yea I know some people would be angy I painted an OEM piece...but honestly..it'll be professionally painted anyhow in a few months so either way it's getting painted. Used 3M double sided and was amazed at how strong it holds... damn thing felt solid as ever on there.
- removed a vestal sticker haha..not very important but still something I had been meaning to do.
- hooked up the power/grounds/inputs to both Fuel pressure sensor/oil pressure sensors into the Innovate ssi-4 logging module
-hooked power to my Flex fuel sensor and routed all lines to it to make sure it didn't run anywhere sketchy.
- Covered all the above lines with Braided sleeving to make sure they are all protected
- Updated my Adaptronic ECU Firmware from 10 to 12.0 (newest software update) Excellent as I was able to see all my pressure sensors in the live gauge screen.
- Made changes to my old Map for my start-up base tune (swapped from 850cc inj to 1k prim) set up aux sensor inputs, flex fuel input, etc
- did a full Leak test on fuel system to make sure I had no injector seat leaks or fitting leaks
- re-aligned my front end because the front tires are just FARRR too large of a side-wall to run on the Weds 9.5's.
- Ordered a set of 225/35/18 Federal SS595's from a website that had them cheap as sin. total was like 178 Shipped for (2) new fronts.
- Fit all gates with the -npt to An adapter fittings I modded last week.
- Started planning the Borg Warner EFR Boost control solenoid power/signal wire routing
- Re-installed the UIM because I had forgot the gasket (newb mistake) and made sure it was securely fastened
-Organized my Gaskets and materials (studs etc) for the upcoming install of the Turblown Long runner Manifold
- Made a new To-do List

Anyways here are some pictures from the weekend.... Not too exciting...but this is what I feel is going to make the car much more solid in terms of being as reliable as possible. All of these little things will be worth it...pay-off come dyno/track time.

Sidewall is just too large 40 series

NPT to AN adapter fittings installed to Turbosmart Comp Gate 40's

Test fit before making lines

Flex fuel power/ground/signal routing and protection

Loom ready for final install, I've learned to always give myself excessive leads because you can ALWAYS cut back..but adding to is a pain and almost a double negative haha

Pinned my Fuel pressure gauge and made the loom/covered etc

Love how clean the braded sleeve and clear heat shrink makes things look

Roof Spoiler installed

Used the un-used CAS plug for my Flex fuel input. I used a spare knock sensor plug and connector for this. ..de-pinned them and put new pins in.. makes things legit and I know it is a secure connection that will last a looooong time.