View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #211
wookieballa
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wookieballa is a well-known jackass
Before i jump in, Kudos to you guys for working so hard on this thread!
Now, What the heck are you guys constantly referring to when you say "PBR"??

I am about to jump into this, I have been reading all the threads I can find. This is what I currently have to work with;
Kouki S14 240sx, KA BUT about to knock out my SR Swap with a Zenki SR/power FC

I'm using a JDM S14 DCC, sub harness, and all sensors (pulled by ME in Japan LOL.. I hope all this crap works....)

This is what I THINK I understand about this conversion:
I SHOULD be able to run the Ambient temp sensor out to the front, wire that into my JDM sub harness (I had to cut those two wires short to get it out of the dash harness)
Next, I should run all my JDM sensors to their respective locations, then unplug the USDM wiring to all components, and in turn plug in the JDM sub harness.
Here is where I'm concerned
I have several wires that were cut to remove the sub harness from the JDM Dash harness, here are the wires that were cut:
Starting at the DCC head unit:
OR/G (should go to my Battery)
R/L (should be +illumination)
B (Should be -illumination)
and a second B (should be GND)

Next up, I have a plug that goes to the fan control amp, and two other plugs
between the DCC unit and the plugs for these components, I have some wiring I had to cut to remove it from the Dash harness:
Y (either Water temp or Intake 3 according to the color charts, Not sure which)
L/OR (3 of these?) according to the walk through, these should be all "ign" does that seem right to anyone who has been successful?
toward the end of that sub harness is a big fat Black (gnd I assume)
and a Red (+hot/+cold?)

I just noticed that I cut a Big fat Blue/White wire I think I cut this from the harness just to clear it from the dash harness, I have a spot where it looks like it was supposed to be plumbed right into the harness, the cut matches perfect.

My biggest question is this:
Since I have the JDM harness, do I need to reverse the wiring that controls the moving parts since I am using the JDM harness in the USDM car? seems it would all be wired to move the opposite direction.
Also, has anyone successfully gotten this to work with their AC? I don't want to lose my awesome fully functional AC. I know this thread is old, But I wanted to see if anyone would chime in on this stuff and give me some additional info.

I saw a LOT of talk about problems with Heat, but it seems like no one has really said anything about their AC still functioning.
Any help you can provide is really appreciated.
wookieballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links