View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #84
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
I scooped up a few 5mm spacers the other day for the front wheels and threw them on. I was only able to get 4/10 of the front lug nuts to click to 80ftlbs while torquing them down (3 on 1 side, 1 on the other, the rest would just spin). I ended up pushing the camber adjustments on the tophat of my coilovers all the way inwards and pulling the knuckle out all the way and there is now [very minimal] clearance between the lip of my wheels and the coilover

I went to roll my fenders today and it was an utter failure. I zip tied my body harness up a little bit but never did the full relocation and hammering of that metal lip inside the wheel well, so guess what? the roller continually got stopped by either the harness or the metal lip. There was about 1/4 of the arch that I could roll.

Before I could even use it though, my front hubs werent spinning with the car in the air so I couldnt even turn the roller. I poked my head in there and wouldn't you know, the bolts that hold the calipers on were sticking out and touching the back the rotors. I thought I remembered someone saying they used a 2nd washer when using their stock bolts with these calipers! I got some 12mm crush washers and it fixed the pass. side, but I found some new problems on the drivers side.

Apparently the metal "wear indicator" is carving a ring around the center part of my rotor. The top and the bottom of the actual caliper are also rubbing a nice ring around the outside diameter of the rotor. wtf man so many problems!! Not sure how to fix this rubbing, its almost like the caliper is a little crooked or something, maybe I should try more washers? or more on just the bottom or just the top to try it tilt it straight? I have no idea, if its not one thing, its another.

Here are some fun pictures:

Besides that fun stuff, apparently trying to torque down my sweet neochrome lug nuts with those spacers on caused the inside threads to strip out and the front 10 are useless now.
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote