View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:41 AM   #25
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
So I got a couple things done this weekend, only snapped two pictures unfortunately and Ill have to upload them later when I get home.

I got pretty much all of the coolant and vacuum lines associated with the intake manifold area all hooked up, and the intake manifold bolted up. I got my exhaust manifold connected to the turbo, the fittings and lines onto the turbo, and finally the mani/turbo bolted to the block.

I noticed the other day that my tires were rubbing the springs on my coilovers. I went and bought some 6mm wheel spacers and while I had the car jacked up I decided to lower it all around. I dropped another 2 inches and ran into some problems – I ran out of daylight so Ill have to wait to address these

-The car is currently too low to drive, the tires are rubbing the fenders :\
-The car is too low to jack up, my jack got stuck when I removed the jack stands and I had to use a scissor jack to lift the side up. I guess Ill need to get some ramps or some 2x4’s to drive up on
-One of my front hubs has a stud that is a ΒΌ” shorter than the others. Now with the 6mm wheel spacer, there’s not enough stud to get the lug nut threaded on at all, and I only have 4 lug hubs

So I went ahead and ordered some 5 lug hubs last night and Im just going to buy some new wheels. I am thinking 17x9.5 +12 all around with 235/40/17 tires with a slight fender roll, do you all think that will be alright fitment? Would really appreciate any advice. I started browsing through the wheel fitment thread but it seems like most people over there are running crazy large wheels
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote