View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #88
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRaceGeoff View Post
-I agree that positive EFR results continue to come in, and it's largely due to the fact that BW is SHIPPING the turbos. When our customers get the turbos, install them and see the performance and durability are as promised we can rest easy. Fortunately i have not heard of any disgruntled/upset EFR customers in quite a long time

-What fuel are you using on your build? (sorry if i missed it)

-considering your needs for the application which you are describing -- I think a 0.80 a/r twinscroll T4 7163 would be the bee's knees. Thats what i am thinking to setup my redtop as (with a VE head swap). It should have zero difficulty delivering an absurdly broad powerband from 3500-85000rpm.

-If you use our M10 hardware with Heicolock washers and high temp Antiseize, your hardware will stay in place for a long long time, no issues (this hardware comes with our manifolds and kits). M8 hardware is just not as robust or durable. the vband configuration does have it's benefits, and a larger 0.85 A/R for those who plan to run the turbo to the limit is one of them. Vbands are great from a convenience standpoint, but twinscroll IWG is the way to go IMHO!! and its really much easier to service M10 studs on a T4 footprint compared to M8 on a T25 foot

-Id rather not make any guesstimates of spoolup on an SR for singlescroll or twinscroll.. everything ive seen looks the part so i think its just best to wait and get some results first as a benchmark

-I still think the EFR6258 is the bomb-diggity for a stock SR20!! anyone with a basic sr and 2871 or otherwise that can do a back to back for one of these smaller EFRs will be ecstatic

I dont know of any IWG vs EWG back to back comparisons that would answer any questions vs raise more questions - but there were significant efforts invested to ensure that the EFR was "aerodynamically optimized" for minimum losses. Truthfully, I dont think there is any downside to the IWG aside from the smaller A/R and the single port actuation... also Turbosmart is releasing a push/pull IWG actuator for the EFR. not that my plans should have any bearing on your build or specific needs, but I prefer IWG on the cars/engine setups I build for myself
Sorry on leaving fuel out - E85 since a station opened up a mile down the road. No real reason not to go with it. I'll just have to haul some E85 with me to more remote tracks.

7163 TS does sound kinda nice... That's good to know you guys have had good luck with the hardware on track. I know Sierra Sierra had issues with the turbine hardware until they went with your stuff.

Want to sponsor a lowly DE machine with some Full-Race/EFR goodness?