View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
smoketherear
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
smoketherear is an unknown quantity at this point
KA Power issue has me stumped

Alright guys, I have a 95 240sx with a KA. Last snow storm while driving, i noticed the radio kept cutting off at idle but would stay on while driving and my CEL stayed off for to long ( secondary 02 ). Met up with a friend shut off my car and went to turn it back on a few minutes later and NOPE. I jumped it and drove it home and for a few weeks it was fine. Let the car idle a few days ago while waiting for someone, same thing i turned off my car to greet, go back in my car and NOPE. Volt meter shows car only charges while driving and goes to battery power at idle.

Last time i had a issue like this is ended up being my harness even though i changed my battery and alternator. So i poped the fender off did a proper tuck up of my harness and wrapped it good with electrical tape so road dirt cant fly into it. Cleaned of every ground i could find in the engine bay, put new ends on other ones. The shop that did my alternator when i first bought the car and the place we got it from changed there policy on the warrenty to only one year >< Already had um source a new one with a guaranteed lifetime warranty, was just wondering if anyone might think of something i might of over looked. Any input appreciated guys
smoketherear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links