View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #14
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
had to paint the head a 2nd time :\

deja vu

started installing new valve seals (got a set of supertech valve seals since I had previously installed 8 of the OEM ones from my rebuild kit and had to pull them for the hot tank, oems are way more expensive)

picked up this HKS intake, thats that mushroom tip! (hodgetwins reference)

started checking things out again for an idea of what it would look like

picked up these isis control arms (please dont flame)

my lease ran up and my roommate had to get a place with his sister to help her out. I moved into a 1br with a detached 1-car garage. the garage wasnt available until a few days after I moved so I had to put all of my car parts in my dining room for a week lol.

anyways, I got settled in and my friend came over to help me get the cams installed. Oh I forgot, I had to buy a new headgasket because when I pulled the head off to take it to the shop I tore a layer or two. Sweet waste of $60.

So we get the cams in and timed correctly. then we realize that we didnt install the "inside sub bolts" basically underneath the cam sprockets. you can get the intake one in no problem, but I couldnt torque down the exhaust side one due to the extra length on the exhaust cam sprocket (the part that the CAS connects to). faaaark. so we pull the cams and torque those bolts and the following weekend reinstall the cams and get them timed correctly.

Im still driving my 240 with the KA because its a lot more fun to drive than my "daily" driver plymouth neon. at this point my gas tank (probably lines) starts leaking. Currently (to this day) i cant fill my tank up past half capacity or I will start dumping about 1/2 - 1 gallon of fuel when I turn the car off. Im thinking, and heard from others, that its probably the lines to the sending unit, I just havent had the time to tackle that project. Ill handle it when I go to install the walbro pump.

started test fitting things on the SR

my friends and I had an inside joke about me selling my 240 and getting a fiat 500. I had a fun moment convincing them that I sold both of my cars and picked up this one:

went back to Fever Racing and had Doug cut my coolant line (from under the intake manifold) and weld a bead around the end since I will be using the tap on the s14 water neck. No pics here, sorry. Again, I have to mention how cool this guy is. He let me ask questions for an hour. I found out that they now own Enthalpy and he has convinced me to come back to have Martin tune my car when Im done. I will most definitely be doing this.
Saw some more bad ass cars again, this time another R33 (GTR)

And this sick rb25 in a 280z
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote