View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukikat180sx View Post
Seeing the gross polluter was pretty entertaining... I'm trying not to laugh too hard because karma comes around.

I dropped close to $1k at Gushi auto a couple of months ago just to get my car to pass smog properly. (Mine was not as bad as yours though...) I needed the o rings replaced on my injectors, new spark plugs, changed the spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, new CA magnaflow cat, knock sensor... I feel like I'm forgetting something, but yeah... Expensive stuff, but my car is super clean now! Good luck.
No offence, but a lot of that is just paranoia and placebo.

You probably changed one or two things that actually did something. Cap and rotor can't hurt, cat if the last was bad, etc. If your motor was even drivable, the injector o-rings where fine, plug wires probably fine (you can check their resistance with a multimeter, it's .37 ohms.... or uhh, some multiple of ten by that.

OP, seriously, just first clean pair and egr, and then get it really hot, seafoam it, and get it even hotter, for a long time. Go on a weekend drive on a fun twisty highway, or something. Burn the living fuck out of all the deposits in it. Run it wide open. Then, if you still so desire, do plugs and cap/rotor. The italian tune-up.

If that fails, get a cat. But I doubt you need one if you just burn it out.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote