View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
ok my foreman didn't show up today so we only worked a 10 hour shift. Apparently the moonshine beat him. Anyways, when sr20drifter parted his car I bought a lot of his parts. The DCC, ARC sway bars, vs-xx, and I think the broadfield defi vsdx heads up display. I think that is all can't really remember.

I guess I never took pictures of it, but here is the famous one that we all know

Since I was going with the rb I knew I would need to get some gauges to help monitor. I went with the Defi Advanced BF boost, oil pressure and EGT. With the link box of course. I got a broadfield vent cluster to house them in.

Always browsing for the rare little tidbits, I am a nismo freak, so I like to get what I can. I found an old school Nismo willans two inch racing harness with the camlock design instead of the buckle. Also the appropriate shoulder pads. Seat belt was in 9/10 condition and the pads were brand new. I also got a super rare old school nismo yellow fashion lighter.

I think shortly after that Damon parted out his car as well. I know wtf is going on here???? So.....I had to buy his wheels to lol. They are just to sweet. I am a wheel fanatic. Its a terrible disease to catch.

Blitz technospeed type 03

So around this time I drop the car off at a local shop to do my swap. Adrenaline motorsports, I have known the owners for I guess a decade now. They helped me get some of my harder parts to get back in the day. Anyways, since I am away from home about 10 months out of the year on average, It was time to get some progress. I am trying to keep a street car theme. Nothing to wild and crazy. Just clean, quality and not messy I guess. So I had some stuff relocated/removed, fixed some trouble areas, stitch welds, and some holes filled etc. The car will be super black so I got the bay painted black as well. Wasn't home to capture pics of that.

with that going on I was always on the prowl for parts. I knew I would need a clutch and limited slip with that RB in there. Given their reputable history, OS giken and nissan go together like cocaine and waffles.

OS Giken spec-s 1.5 way super lock LSD

OS Giken ts2bd twin disc clutch/flywheel

Also nismo pivot and clutch line.

Also picked up some SPL aluminum diff bushings, no pics either.

So with that out of the way, I now needed some kind of tuning device. So I went with Apex power FC/commander

Lets see, at this point my motor was pretty squared away with having what I needed to do a clean swap. I wasn't planning on using the Full-race/gt35r until later so it was just stock mani and turbo for the time being.

So I was back to just random stuff. Late night yahoo japan shopping etc. Came across this. I have wanted these for a loooong time. Never seen them sold ever. Some kid on here actually linked one up from up garage. I immediately contacted jesse streeter and bought it. Old school nismo recaro recliner SRII. These were put in the nismo LMGT r33 road car. (le mans gt, look it up) and a catalogue item back in the day.

with harness and pads

Last edited by BossHogg; 09-25-2013 at 08:07 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote