View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #127
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
This is the best comment on this thread, thank you i will definatley be reconsidering many many things and keeping this in my head. Update this weekend hopefully the motor will go in.
No problem. We have all been in your shoes once, and contrary to popular belief, some of us do like to help random people - which is why many people come across as being critical of your actions.

It's not that we're hating on you in any way - it's that we're trying to stop you from the mistakes that we've made or seen made - and then had to deal with the regret, or hearing about the regret. I'm fairly confident that everyone that I know that has bought racelands has regretted the purchase, or has acknowledged that they would have been better off saving the money for better coils, knock off wheels are kind of hit or miss, but the engine thing falls into the same category as the racelands. I couldn't count the number of 240's that I've seen making 250-300 whp with stock suspension, other than crappy springs/struts or coil overs. They all handle like complete crap, and are unreasonably hard to drive fast - most of the owners will be the first to admit that you should make the car drive and handle well, and then make it powerful.

In any case, good luck with the car, make it do cool stuff or your time has been wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poundit View Post
Nobody should expect someone your age to do EVERYTHING right. Its just part of it. I had a pretty gay ricey looking hyundai accent when i was 16 and whenever i blew the motor and started researching i learned how to do things a better way.
For what it's worth - I don't agree with this.

Anyone that is smart enough to find a 240sx related forum, specifically Zilvia, Nico, or wherever, has no excuse to make bad car related decisions. Collectively, there are THOUSANDS of lifetimes of available information, for those willing to acknowledge that it's there.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't make mistakes, I'm saying that when they mess up they should acknowledge they mess up. For example, I bought some ARP extended studs last week, with the expectation that they would fit my car - and when they came in, they were 12mm X 1.5 thread rather than being 12mm X 1.25 thread - as is stock. Funny thing is that I knew ARP studs were a different thread, but for whatever reason I derped and ordered them anyway. Stupid mistake, I can only blame myself for the money wasted, since I had been told more than once that the thread was different.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote