View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #14423
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Porting and polishing is a GOOD thing for ANY engine. What it does primarily, is make the crappy fuel blends actually work because it helps stop detonation by smoothing the combustion chamber. This is multiplied when GOOD VP/SUNOCO Race Fuel is used
No shit. I never knew that. Tell me more Mr. Science.

Seriously, think about what my reply was and consider the source. Why pay for such work on SOHC engine if it's just going to be put back together somewhat stock and kept that way?

I'm all about pissing money away on dumb shit, and stuff I don't really need, but in the same respect I understand where money should be spent on a street car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Many companies use progressive springs in the coil over sets. A Progressive spring is one that has stiffer and softer spring rates in the same spring. All the blah blah blah blah blah cafe racer's shocks and forks blah blah blah
Again, I know the difference. I've been tracking my car for many years now. Progressive setups may be ok for someone just putzing around, but anyone remotely performance minded will run a regular linear spring, a good damper, and the corresponding good suspension parts and be just fine. My car is full spherical bearing everything, 8611's, and decently rated springs. It rides as nice as a factory car. A good setup is a good setup with the right parts.

The only positive of a progressive rate is for 'daily' driving...and my reply to that would be if you're daily driving a car in a city persay, why not just run a lower spring rate. Anything performance related in a car you want repeatability in action...not 'well if i'm doing 50mph in this corner vs 75, I need to do XXX vs YYY'.

Atop of that progressive springs allow for abnormal changes in body roll as the spring is 'non existant' for a certain amount of time. NOT FOR ME.

PS: Tanabe coilovers are generic run of the mill things. No different than any other similar priced JDM things.

PPS: While I've never tracked cafe style bike, I can say on a sport bike I don't know of anyone who runs a progressive spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
can you adjust the catch point on an exedy oem clutch?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/297254...al-thread.html

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote