View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #78
Tank240sxT

Trader Rating: (0)
Tank240sxT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
My buddy is all done with his, but he's pussy footing it around for awhile. My car is far from being up and running, but I've made some serious progress on the motor over the past few days. I'll post some pics in the next few days.
What was your initial impression of your buddies car even though he is driving lightly. Hey it will be cool to see some pictures. A friend of mine is buying his rb25 clip the first of august. I want a v8. The shop I'm working with is looking into the possibility of wiring up an 1997 or higher 1uzfe. I would be a little happier with the power of the later motor because I don't want to turbo the motor. I really wish I understood more about wiring but I don't.

You know not knowing or understanding wiring leaves me thinking that we need to be able to supply power to the ECU and make it so that when we turn the key the car starts. We run the 1uzfe wiring harness to the motor just like it would be in the original car it came from and you would be up and running. Now I know that this would leave us without a working tach and speedometer but in the case of the 1997 and up motor the vvti should work. Like I said I'm over simplifying it and I don't know anything about wiring so I hope no one gets too offended by my noob comments. If anyone can explain it to me it would be greatly appreciated.
Tank240sxT is offline   Reply With Quote