Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #53
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapdeznutz View Post
just throwing my recent experience on this matter. I just picked up a used 1pc steel no name from another member on here. My first impression was visually the 1pc i picked up was about 1/2" shorter than my OEM non-abs 5 spd DS. It was a concern but i installed it anyways. Its been in for about 2 months now and there is some additional sound on decel in gear and lots more in decel in neutral. It seem to help the entire RPM range but more so in the low to mid range.

I do question the noise i am hearing and wonder if it needs a speed balance. I did check for any type of play from the u-joints and did not feel any. Anyways, mods i have are: Stock Ka24E with Grounding Kit, Intake, Headers, 2.5" resonated test pipe to 2/5" HKS HiPower exhaust, and ASP Aluminum crank pulley.
Just an update to my situation. I originally thought i have a 1pc abs DS rather than the non-abs that i supposedly purchased. I reason i say that is because i just upgraded to a j30 jiff with 5 bolt axles. The extra noises I was hearing have gone away but now i am starting to get grinding which i think is dis-engagement of the DS and the Transmission. I sent and email to ShaftMasters for help and they are asking me to take 2 measurements which i will try to do later today and get back to them. I now have no idea what DS i have. Fawk Zilvians for selling F'ed up parts man...what is this community coming too...anyways will report back