roushman90
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
roushman90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Because your not making vac
Thanks, I'm thinking you are right

[QUOTE=ultimateirving;5325636]What you can do is makea boost leak tester and pressurize the system, This will show all leaks.
Also RTV on the iacv probably isnt a good idea. It doesnt form the best seal not to mention if any dripped inside would gunk up that valve pretty bad. The gasket is cheap and you can buy at local auto parts store.[/Q
I ended up doing this just using the cap to a can of spray paint, drilled a small hole and forced in my air compressor nozzle. First did from the intake pipe found there was a small unplugged hole, so I plugged it.

Then I pressurized the IM from the throttle body and found that the IACV was leaking like I figured. I decided to just pull the whole intake manifold and replace with real gaskets, clean everything, and all that. Also the nipple on the back of the IM next to the brake booster hose was previously stripped by the looks of it and was barely hanging in by some rtv from previous owner =__= I'm assuming that was also leaking. Man this Isis IM is a PIECE OF SHIT. Fitment, quality, everything, just SHIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Personally I have always cleaned the iacv mating surfaces really good and used a tiny bead of rtv to seal it. I prefer grey rtv to gaskets most of the time.

I tried using the black RTV, small bead, all that, but I think it had the wrong bolts on it, I'm using OEM bolts when I re-install with a real gasket.

Boost leak testers can be somewhat difficult to detect IM leaks. Also before anyone suggests the propane method for the intake manifold leak it really isnt going to work either because of how the ecu deals with the problem it already knows it is having.

First thing would be to just inspect the TB. If the problem cannot be resolved there take off the IM and inspect it and tear it down and put it back together.
I've got it all torn down in the garage, awaiting gaskets. Not sure if I can get them from a local store or I have to order Nissan OEM from frsport.
roushman90 is offline   Reply With Quote