View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #112
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Yes, just like the Nismo engine mounts it's just modified stock. I do see that they advertise a 10% shorter throw, but that's such a miniscule amount I doubt you would notice even if it is actually fact. I would like to set one side by side with a stock one and measure it to see for sure. Even if it is 10% shorter though that's not really a "short shifter". My B&M must be about 75% shorter throw (exaggeration)...

This link actually explains how they shortened the throw:

NISMO Solid Short Shifter Silvia

Apparently they shortened the shift lever by 7.5mm and that's supposed to be a 10% difference. The shifter geometry is exactly the same as a stock shifter. I guess you could call that a short shifter, but you can do the same thing to your stock shifter by installing a shorter shift knob...

Not really a short shifter...

:bowr ofl:

go buy one and try it out it's way more then 10%

why not contact nissan directly they still sell it on THEIR site.
S12 Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote